Powell Valves is a proud supplier of butterfly valves, from high-performance butterfly valves to resilient seated butterfly valves.
Types of Butterfly Valve Construction
- Wafer type butterfly valve: fits between flanges
- Lug wafer design butterfly valve: held between flanges by bolts and pass through the valve's casing
Advantages of Butterfly Valves
- Compact design saves space
- Light in weight
- Quick Operation
- Low Maintenance costs due to minimal number of moving parts
- Don't trap fluids
- Qualified for both gaseous and liquid service
- Positive shut-off bi-directionally
- Phenolic backed cartridge seat
- PTFE Bushing Standard
- Locking handle standard (2"-12")
- End of line service on lug style standard
- Ease of automation
Typical Applications of Butterfly Valves
- Chemical/Petrochemical Processing
- Food & Beverage
- Power & Utilities
- Pulp & Paper
Butterfly Valve Industries
- Water supply
- Wastewater Treatment
- Gas Supply
- Fire Protection
Actuator Flange: Accommodates all types of actuators, handles, gear operators, electric actuators, and pneumatic actuators. (2"-24" per ISO 5211)
Bushings (4): Stem bushing reduces torque and isolates the stem from the valve body, preventing seizure of the stem due to corrosion in the stem journal baring.
Precision Profile Disc: Provides bubble-tight shut-off and assures minimum torque and longer seat life.
Shaft Weather Seal: (Below bushing on some models)
Seat Face: Eliminates need for flange gaskets.
Phenolic Backed Seat: Non-collapsible, stretch resistant, blow-out proof, field replaceable.