Powell Valves is based in Cincinnati, Ohio. We also have distribution, manufacturing and quality assurance operations in Manning or Orangeburg South Carolina, Houston Texas, and Yancheng City, China. We maintain more than $35 million of inventory, which allows us to quickly fulfill customers’ needs. Key clients include some of the largest companies in the world.
Become a part of our family
As a family owned company, we make decisions that will keep us strong for years, not just quarter to quarter. We seek people who work well together to be innovative, problem-solving and customer-focused. We maintain the highest ethical standards. At Powell, you are not just an employee- you are part of our family. Our employees come to Powell to work and stay for their career.
Email resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 513-852-2017.
- Classification:Hourly, Non-Exempt
- Reports To:Sales Operations Manager
- Revision Date:February, 2020
- Location:Manning, SC
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Set up and operate a variety of machines to produce/modify precision parts. Includes applying knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining procedures
- Set up and operate a variety of machines to produce/modify precision parts. Includes applying knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining procedures.
- Machine parts to specifications using machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, shapers, or grinders.
- Measure, examine, and test completed units in order to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications, using precision instruments such as micrometers.
- Calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments such as micrometers and vernier calipers.
- Set up, adjust, and operate all of the basic machine tools and many specialized or advanced variation tools in order to perform precision machining operations.
- Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials onto machines.
- Monitor the feed and speed of machines during the machining process.
- Determine the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Determine causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Time Management of one's own time and the time of others.
- The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong.
- The ability to adjust the controls of a machine to exact positions quickly and repeatedly.
- All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
- High School diploma and 5-10 years machining experience.
- Ability to troubleshoot on the spot
- Can assist QC in determining control dimensions to be charted.
- Communicated effectively with team members as well as management.
- Keeps work area clean and organized.
Required to stand for extended periods. Ability to stand, bend, stoop, lift and walk. Maximum unassisted lift is 30 pounds. The proper PPE is required.
Working in a manufacturing environment in a safe manner for employee, employees, product and machinery. Factory is not climate controlled.
Employee Benefits & Culture
Are you thinking of joining the Powell family? We are focused on building a team that will be strong for years, not just quarter to quarter. Our ideal team consists of people who take initiative, producing quality work with a focus on our customers' needs.View our employee expectations for a full undersanding of our company values
Powell Valves offers a competitive benefits package, including 401K matching, health insurance coverage, life insurance and more.Download Powell's Complete List of Benefits