Valves By Design
- API 594 Dual Plate Check Valves
- API 600 Pressure Seal Valves
- API 600 Cast Steel Valves
- API 602 Forged Steel Valves
- API 603 Corrosion Resistant Valves
- High Performance Butterfly Valves
- Cryogenic Valves
- Bronze Valves
- Iron Valves
- Quality Assurance
- Industries Served
- Modifications & Field Services
Powell Valves is based in Cincinnati, Ohio. We also have distribution, manufacturing and quality assurance operations in Manning or Orangeburg South Carolina, Houston Texas, and Yancheng City, China. We maintain more than $35 million of inventory, which allows us to quickly fulfill customers’ needs. Key clients include some of the largest companies in the world.
Become a part of our family
As a family owned company, we make decisions that will keep us strong for years, not just quarter to quarter. We seek people who work well together to be innovative, problem-solving and customer-focused. We maintain the highest ethical standards. At Powell, you are not just an employee- you are part of our family. Our employees come to Powell to work and stay for their career.
Employee Benefits & Culture
Are you thinking of joining the Powell family? We are focused on building a team that will be strong for years, not just quarter to quarter. Our ideal team consists of people who take initiative, producing quality work with a focus on our customers' needs. View our employee expectations for a full undersanding of our company values.
Powell Valves offers a competitive benefits package, including 401K matching, health insurance coverage, life insurance and more. To see all benefits, view Powell's complete list of employee benefits here.
To learn more about careers in the valve industry watch these two videos.
|Classification: Salary, Exempt||Reports to: President/EVP|
|Revision Date: October 2017||Location: Cincinnati, Ohio|
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Provides administrative support and assists with the daily operations of the President, Executive Vice President and Senior Vice President of Sales while maintaining the highest level of confidentiality.
- Managing the logistical support for The Team including:
- Helping to manage and plan The Team's work, through frequent communication and follow-up on open items and deadlines
- Acting as a Gatekeeper to The Team - calendar, email, triaging requests and issues brought to The Team and resolving issues as appropriate
- Acts as liaison for legal related issues and correspondence to alert executives of sensitive material. Forwards all court documentation to correct officials
- Providing support for all office operations including:
- Answering incoming calls
- Taking notes in meetings
- Document management and filing
- Creating, maintaining and dispersing various reports
- Providing support to the HR Team when needed
- Assisting with marketing coordination including:
- Developing and sending all company newsletters
- Updating content on websites
- Maintaining the company's presence on social media
- Coordinating marketing vendors as needs arise – graphic designer, web designer, marketing consultant, and public relations consultant.
- Performs other tasks as required
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- To be successful in this role, you should have exceptional time management and interpersonal skills. You also need to have superior judgment, detail orientation, highly organized, and be team-focused. In addition, you should have:
- 3-5 years of related experience, HS diploma required; College coursework preferred
- Proven ability to use good reason and sound judgment when making decisions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for managing details to ensure no steps are missed in the process
- Commitment to doing exceptional work and having fun doing it!
- Strong technical skills in Microsoft Office and Social Media
- Low physical effort required to sit for extended periods, stand at files, bend, stoop, lift, and walk. Average lift is less than 5 lbs. This position requires the ability to use a keyboard, monitor, and phone; and the ability to communicate verbally with others.