Valves By Design
- API 594 Dual Plate Check Valves
- API 600 Pressure Seal Valves
- API 600 Cast Steel Valves
- API 602 Forged Steel Valves
- API 603 Corrosion Resistant Valves
- High Performance Butterfly Valves
- Ball Valves
- Cryogenic Valves
- Bronze Valves
- Iron Valves
- Resilient Seated Butterfly Valves
- Quality Assurance
- Industries Served
- Modifications & Field Services
Powell Valve manufactures industrial gate valves in various materials such as: bronze, iron, stainless steel and cast steel. Powell Valves offers Gate Valves in two different forms, parallel and wedge-shaped. Parallel Gate Valves are used to control the flow pressure while Wedge-Shaped Gate Valves are most commonly used and allow for fluids to be tightly shut off. View Powell Valve's selection of different Gate Valves below or contact us for more information.
How does a gate valve work?
Gate valves are designed to turn the flow of a liquid on or off by restricting or opening the flow with a round or rectangular wedge. Gate Valves can also control the pressure of liquid flow through pipes or valves.